Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend activities

Dave and I had the opportunity to have a date this weekend. We took our kids to a friend's house and then went out to dinner. After dinner we went to the OKC North's Stake Center and were chaperones for a tri-stake dance. I'll tell you that the music was much different than when I went to stake dances and even dances at BYU. The DJs played slow songs about every 3rd or 4th song, but even some of those are the songs that were almost too fast to be slow. And there was one that only a few couples danced to, and half of them were doing crazy dances because that's what the music wanted. It was more of a rap type slow song. There were several re-makes of songs that I knew growing up. Wierd!!! After that we ended up taking a few kids home. We finally picked up our sleeping kids and got home around midnight. Church was tough the next day!

I moved the computer and desk into the family room the other day. That was a chore, but the kids were big helpers. They cleaned things out of my way and Jonathan even helped me move the desk a bit. I was getting tired of the kids sneaking into the den/spare bedroom to play on the computer when I didn't give them permission, and when I had given them permission, they would always close the door, and I didn't like that either. So, now the computer is in the open and nobody can close themselves in. It also works better this way since we also use the computer for our movie screen as well. Now they can sit on the couches instead of on the bed.

We have lots of plans for this week and hope to be able to accomplish them all. I will keep you posted on our doings as I can.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I am sure it was nice to be able to go on a date! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys are having a busy summer. I use to love Stake dances as a teenager. It is funny to go to them now as a chaperon. It sounds like you guys had a fun date. We miss you guys and the Choctaw ward!