So, we've had swim lessons almost every day for the past 3 weeks. It is great for the kids and they are feeling much more comfortable in the water and a couple of them are learning how to swim well. Hannah still isn't really comfortable with the water. Rachel is a bit more comfortable than Hannah is and Matthew is all over the place and can sort of swim under the water now. Jonathan is learning different strokes and learning how to swim for real.
This week has been just crazy for me. Monday I spent the day at swim lessons, the grocery store and at home getting things ready for Tuesday's fun activity of "30 meals in a day" that I did with a friend. Then we went to FHE at a friend's house and didn't get home until after 10:30 that night. Tuesday we did swim lessons and then straight to the Howell's house for cooking all day. We got home at 9:00 Tues. night and went straight to bed. Wednesday was swim lessons then off to my visiting teacher's house for a pool party and lunch. We were all so tired Wed. afternoon that everyone took a nap. When Matthew woke up he had a bowl of cereal and when it was time for dinner he said, "I alreay had breakfast." hehe. It was cute. I mowed the front lawn and Dave went to scouts.
Today is the first day this week that we have only had to go to swim lessons and nothing else. Well, we might have company this evening, but that won't be too bad, and hopefully it can be a missionary experience as well.
We have been picking loads of blackberries and I already have a bunch in the freezer. We got our garden in later than I would have liked, but things are looking good. The tomatoes and peppers are geting bigger. Most of our bean seeds sprouted and we have 5 double rows of beans, each about 15 feet long. The yellow summer squash didn't germinate as well as I had hoped, but the zucchini did well. We also have some cucumber plants, carrots, onions and a bunch of winter squash plants too. I still hope and pray that it will do well. I would love to be able to can a lot this year. I'll worry about where to put it all later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"but the zucchini did well."
Isn't that the way of gardens, though?
Post a Comment