Well, school started last week. I do miss my boys. It is nice that they are away, but I'm not sure I like the cost of them being away. The schools here are not good at all and it makes me really sad that I have to send my kids there. I am keeping Rachel home this year. She is Kindergarten age, so we are doing Kindergarten at home. I bought a curriculum for her and she is doing great. She can read most 3 letter words. She has been able to do this for a while now, so we will be expanding to larger words soon. I love hearing her sound out the words. It is really cute. Hannah has joined in the fun and wants to do school every day. Lizzie even needs to have a book to color in or write in with us. It's really cute.
It only takes about an hour to do school, so I am finding that I need to find more things to do with my time. I am having a lot of fun doing fun things with the girls. We are planning on doing a fun field trip type thing a few times a month with some friends who homeschool their kids. So far it is going really well.
I have started giving piano lessons to a girl in the ward. I am starting off with a "trial period" to see if we all like it since I don't really know what I am doing (since I didn't take many lessons myself.) So far they are going well and it is fun to do. The student and her mom seem to be happy with it too. I probably should learn a bit more myself too. I don't know the scales and things like that. I can look at a note and play it, that's about it. So, I could do with learning a lot myself. I have become a lot better of a player since I have been called as the ward organist and have to practice a lot. It has been a really big growing experience for me. The Lord really does bless those who are willing to serve. I am a strong believer in the scripture, Philipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." This hapened to be the theme of our Stake last year, and I learned to personalize it. I have noticed this strength coming to all sorts of places and not only to my piano playing abilities. If we have faith anything is possible!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment